Powered By Blogger

Friday 20 March 2015

The interview

My heart beating was crossing the normal accepted value. It was beating at a much faster rate (faster than the bullet train-oh-ya!). The feeling was totally inexplicable and I was totally in a cloistered mode. At last my turn came. I entered the room. It appeared to be a hermitage. There were only two people in the room. They were probably the first line managers. Yes! These were the guys who would decide my future. One was in his late fifties and the other one was probably in his late forties (my bad luck-more experience means more torture according to me). Their facial expressions were the same throughout the interview as if they were imitating Tiger Shroff. Going by their intense expressions I could tell that it was probably in the early 1980s, that they were aware of a word which we often call as ‘smile’ in our dictionary. Without much delay the interview began and very soon they unfolded their ferocious intentions by firing a round of intimidating questions.
  • Why do you want to join this company??
  • Do you think that you are the right candidate for the job??
  • Tell us about your technical knowledge?? (Blah blah blah)
The interview carried on but the time was really moving slow. Ke$ha came to my rescue. Yes! as funny as it sounds, but 'Tik-Tok' song from 'Ke$ha' reverberated in my ears there. After some time when they thought that this amount of torture (nearly one hour) was enough for this particular candidate, they switched gears and fired me with the ultimate one. They eventually asked me the question which would decide my fate for the next few years of my life. “What do you want to do in the future??” I answered patiently ,”Sir i would like to do MBA”. They fired back ,”Then why the hell do you opted for b.tech. Sure a certain degree is required but u should have gone for another one? Why B.tech?” Now it was my turn to stay silent. It is a situation where your tongue gets tied and you wish that the dinosaurs were still alive…….

Finally the alarm rang. ah! it was only a nightmare. (Thank god!!) But to say the least, it was not a venial experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment