Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 6 March 2018

Visit to a friend's room



One of my friends is staying as a paying guest in Bangalore. Well, let me recall a recent incident of my visit to his room. Right from the moment when i stepped foot into the room, I regretted the decision and couldn’t find a suitable reason as to why I attempted this ‘horrible stunt’. It was certainly taken under some mysterious circumstances. (Believe me when I am saying that I am not being boorish here). Upon seeing the room’s condition, I was about to vomit right there (Adding another layer of garbage into the room full of havoc!). Well I have certain evidence to support my theory. Let me start.
Point number one-The smell. I was greeted by a stagnant smell like that of a rotten egg. The ‘why’ of this statement would be revealed in the subsequent points. Point number two-The size of the room. Let me make it crystal clear that the room was normal size- nor too gigantic nor too tiny for that matter. It had an attached bathroom but, when you fill the place with 3 single beds along with three cupboards for three people, there is hardly any place left to stand or breathe for that matter. Point number three- The empty bed. Apparently the room was occupied by two people at the moment, so the third bed was empty. Now this was a blessing in disguise for the remaining two. The third bed was begging for mercy as it was filled with piles and piles of clothes (Around 20-25 of them lying around just like that). I asked my friend whether he was able to identify his clothes from this pile (which also contained his roommate's clothes). I think his reply was positive. Thank god for that otherwise each one would be wearing each other's body odor the whole day. Point number four-The window grill. Yes, so whatever clothes were remaining from the bed pile, were apparently present on the grill. Point number five- The floor. The floor was filled with empty packets of lays, Dettol soap, Dairy Milk and so on-In short a total mess. I couldn’t digest the fact that someone was staying in that place. (Even a hermit would refuse). I conveyed this query to my friend- Bro why this untidiness, why this lethargicness ? How the hell are you surviving here (Even though I knew that he was responsible for this condition). So here comes the reply- ‘Bro i am a bachelor’. Bam! I knew I was in the wrong place as I couldn’t compete with this petulant behavior (How could someone even defend this stand). I couldn't survive that horrible habitat and fled as soon as i can.
That day was indeed memorable for me and I believed in the fact that heaven and hell are perhaps present on earth itself because I saw the latter one from my naked eyes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment